12.25.2007

December 21 2007


Merry Christmas!
First, I want to mention the photo of my previous entry. I took it at a shopping mall, the Big Step, in America-mura, Shinsaibashi. Actually, there used to be a school building at the site. It was my junior high school until decades ago. When I was a school girl, our school was divided into to buildings. The first year and the third year students went to the main building and the second year students went to the sub-building. The main building was at the Big Step site at that time. After a few years of my graduation, the two buildings were united and the main building site was sold. Whenever I visit the Big Step, I remember my colorful school days, not only bright things but also sad or hard things! Especially I love going there at Christmas time because the light tree is so beautiful!!



1) What is a nativity play?
The Nativity Play is the recreation of the scene of Jesus’ birth in the stable and the story of how Mary and Joseph were visited by the Shepherds and Wise Men. The parts of Mary, Joseph, the Shepherds and the Wise Men are played by the children.

2) What is a Christmas carol?

Christmas carols are the songs which are sung during the Christmas season and also about Jesus and the time when he was born. Originally, they were written for a special purpose, often to accompany performances of religious dramas dating from medieval times. Over the years, the word 'carol' changed its meaning, referring only to certain kinds of songs, the word carol became known as Christmas songs.

3) What is a pantomime?

A pantomime is a traditional British Christmas play. They are an important part of the Christmas festivities in Britain. They are performed in theaters, villages halls and community centers. A pantomime is contained of cross dressing and audience participation.

4) What are mince pies? Find a photo of one.

see here.

5) Find a photo of a Christmas pudding.

see here.

6) Find a photo of a Christmas cake.

how about this?

I found a yummy blog called "CakeJournal.com"!! Visit here.


7) What are Brussels sprouts? Find a photo of some.

The Brussels sprout is a cultivar group of Wild Cabbage cultivated for its small (typically 2.5 - 4cm, 1 - 1.5 inches diameter) leafy green heads, which resemble miniature cabbages.

In the UK, Brussels sprouts are a traditional winter vegetable, and are often eaten boiled with a roast dinner, particularly at Christmas. They can also be stir-fried, roasted, or made into soup.
(excerpts from the wikipedia)

See the photo of it here.


Find a Christmas photo and put it on your blog.
I put a photo of dancing snowmen. I took it at the USJ the other day.


I wish all of you a Happy New Year!!

2 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Excellent work, Naoko. I like that you use your own photos in your blog entries.

The link to the cake page is also very interesting. Thanks!

Naoko さんのコメント...

Happy New Year, Mr. Sheffner!
Thank you for your kind comment. I'm glad you found the cake blog interesting. I loved it, too! Look forward to seeing you and classmates next Friday!